Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Fun Pieces of Music


Well if you didn't already know I am a bit of a brass favor er. I love all sorts of brass groups. For Christmas I got this really awesome CD from the kings brass and it was probably one of my FAVORITE gifts compliments of my sister Donna and it had so many amazing songs on it like Fanfare For the Common Man and Rodeo truly an amazing gift. My favorite song on the CD was probably Fanfare For the Common Man the song sounds simple and is simple rhythmic wise but intonation can really come back and bite ya if your not careful I just love the style and all the notes. It is a very good piece. The kings brass group is a really amazing group and I would recommend their stuff anywhere so if you have the chance to pick up a CD or see a concert do it!! You wont regret it. What I want to know is what are some of your favorite pieces of music to play and to listen to?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you ever thought about memorizing the Westminster Shorter Catechism? I think the discipline would take your music to the next level

Chris Croft said...

When you learn to play the Hummel then I will memorize the Westminster Shorter Catechism front to back I will recite it in a different language to.


Your best friend chris

karebear said...

Well, you know that I love SmileFM. It has a variety of different generes and they are all very good. I like all the songs too much to pick a certain one.

Then you know I play the guitar. Hopefully I'll find some more songs to play for Youth Nite!

<><