Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Youth retreat!

This week we went to some cabins in the upper peninsula and we had a christian retreat. We fasted and hung out and just really dug into God's word! It was fun! The retreat was called basic training! My sister Donna found this word that was used allot in basic training by the soldiers, it is called "HOOAH" Former Army Chief of Staff Gen. Gordon R. Sullivan has his interpretation. "I don't know how exactly to spell it, but I know what it means," Sullivan said. "It means we have broken the mold. We are battle focused. Hooah says Ô Look at me. I'm a warrior. I'm ready. Sergeants trained me to standard. I serve America every day, all the way." What we learned is that when we serve Christ we should be this excited about it! We changed the definition a little bit. This is what it means to us,"We have broken the mold. We are battle focused. Oh look at me. I'm a warrior. I'm ready. Sergeants trained me to standard. I serve Christ every day, all the way." Weather we know it or not we are in a battle and not a physical battle, but an emotional battle! We are tempted every day by Satan and that is who we are in war with but we cannot do it alone we need Christ and only by following his example and going to him in prayer every day can we win this war.I re-dedicated myself to the Lord and praise God one person at basic training came to know Jesus Christ and accept him as savior.Basic Training was a blast and it is something that I will never forget. So when you feel like you cant handle it anymore or you have just had enough this is what you do:

1. Pray
2. Fight
3. Win
4. Say "HOOAH"


1 Peter 5:8:
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.

Are you ready?

5 comments:

Shawn Powers said...

Hey Chris! We are thrilled that you got so much from the youth retreat. Both Donna and I loved the time (even the excessive use of toilet paper strung around the guy's room...)

Great post man. :)

Anonymous said...

Chris -- Your faithfulness and enthusiasm for the things of God are a great encouragement for both Jim and me. Keep on keeping on!

Anonymous said...

I am happy to know that you were impacted so much this week! I thank God for what He has done in our family. You are an amazing young man and I am very grateful to have you for my brother! God has great plans for you! Love ya!!!

karebear said...

I agree! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who enjoyed the retreat. Thanks for the post. I read it & it is very good!

<>< Kari

ROD said...

Good comments, I too am a trumpet player for about 50 years. Now I just do weddings (Trumpet Voluntary) and Easter Sunday mornings when they need a trumpet.